Tuesday, June 07, 2011

A Shawl and some Hexagons

Mystery Medallion ShawlHere is my finished Mystery Medallion Shawl.  I need to re block it.  After I pulled out of it's bath it dried before I had chance to pin it.  I used Laughing Rat Studio Superwash Merino Sock Yarn.   I'm also working on Summer Mystery Shawlette.  I'll get pictures as soon as I finish it.


Hexagons I've also been working on some hexagons.  I have no clue what got me started on this project but man is it fun. Oh wait I remember...Joe found me a quilting hoop thing at a garage sale for $3 and I started looking online at hand quilted quilts. I fell in love with the hexagons! And you know what? I really do like sewing all these little guys together by hand.  They 3/4 hexagons :)  I've been wanting to make a quilt for a couple of years now and I hope I stick with this one.  oh for fabric I'm using vintage and reused linens.  I'm still not sure how I'm going to sew them together...with or without  color around all the flower.  I'm thinking of just sewing them together.  We will see :)
Hexagons

1 comment:

faeriecollege said...

Those fabrics are just too, too good. Love the hexagons, they're going to be great, whatever you decide to do with them.