Monday, October 18, 2010

Lily Pie's Birthday Gifts

Lily's 2nd birthday is next month and I made her some goodies for her birthday! 

005 Up first is this little doll.  The pattern is Wee Folk Art Baby Doll in the Round.  I used Lion's fisherman wool for the body and my own handspun for the hair.  The outfit I just made up as I went.  I crocheted it in Lion's Homespun.  I really really like the pattern and how the doll come out.

006
I wanted to get Lily a doll stroller, she loves her baby dolls and I thought she'd really love to take one for a walk.  I had a really ugly Pooh one the my MIL picked up when Gooey was little.  She never liked baby dolls and we don't do Pooh in this house.  I ended up in the basement forgotten.  When I found it again I pull of the seat and took it apart.  I saved the straps to reuse and cut new fabric using the old seat as the pattern.  The fabric is a heavy vintage denim like material. I couldn't reuse the edging, mine came out just a little bigger so I used some vintage bias tape from my stash. 

003
I really like how it turned out and it's way better then anything I'd find in the store.  I think she really going to love ti.

001
This little pea pod was and unplanned addition.  I was lucking and had the chance to test another pattern by Tiedyediva and Monkeysbug.  You can pick up your own copy in their shop.  It is really cute and easy to sew.  I think Lily will like playing with it.   Oh and it was a refashion too,  the fleece came from a blanket I found at the thrift store.

I'm still working on the owl mitts for a friends birthday.  I'm almost done with the first one...I kinda mess up the thumb and I'm not sure if I'll be able to fix it.  I'm kinda sad...I'm not going to have the time to re make it if it looks bad. 

I think that is all I have,  I hope everyone has a great week.

1 comment:

Peri said...

What lovely gifts - love the peapod!