Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It Smells Like Fall

001

I've got the sewing bug again, well that and I have more printer ink so I could print out a bunch of patterns..hehe!  I made both the dress and the leggings last night.  For the dress I used this pattern.  It's called The Charlotte Dress by Mama Stellato.  The pattern was really easy to follow and drafted well (I'm not sure if that how it should be worded, I'm so used to referring to knitting patterns as well written) The sizing is perfect for Lily, I made the 2T.  For the dress pictured I used a button down Anne Klein blouse I bought at the $3 a bag garage sale.  I used the hem of the shirt and sewed the button band closed.  I do have plans to use this pattern again using some baby corduroy and will most likely shorten it and make a shirt too.  

004

I love leggings on Lily for some reason, I never put them on Trinity and I still don't.  For the little brown ones here I used this pattern by Heidi and Finn.  For the fabric I used an old lace trimmed tank top.  I have a ton of these from when I worked at Rave.  I used the lace at the bottom as the trim, I hate hems!  I'm sure I will be making many more of these leggings this fall, they were so super easy to sew and they fit Lily perfect.  I made the 2T. 

005

Now I just need to get the perfect little pair of boots and she'll be ready to play in the leaves!

Lily's new dress and Leggings

"What's this Mama?"


Flower Basket Necklace

Here are a couple of new listings in the shop, both OOAK. 
Moby Dick

I also finished both pair of mittens for the girls, I still need to get pictures of them.  Right now I working on Joe's green socks and a pair of fingerless gloves for my friends b-day in Nov. I'm using hot pink and blue. I'll get a picture as soon as I get more of them done, I just finished the cuff :)

Trinity and I started her curriculum on Monday and so far so good.  She seems to really like it. 

I hope every one is having a great week!

No comments: