Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Super Awesome Thrift Store Finds!

On my way back for Target yesterday I stopped at the Volunteer's of America Thrift store.  I found some super cool goodies.


Thrift Store Finds
I found a new pair of jeans a vintage shirt and a t-shirt for myself and a super cute top for Lily.
Thrift Store finds Sheets and Pillowcases
Here we have 3 pillowcases and 2 twin size fitted sheets.  The pillowcases will be cut for the quilts for the girls and I think I'm going to leave the sheets. They are perfect, I don't think they were ever used and the blue one matches Gooey's room.... There is also some vintage fabric scraps that I will most likely list in one of the shops with some others I have. 

Super cool Thrift store find, Vintage pre quilted fabric
Now here is the extra cool goodie.  That is over 4 yards of super cute pre-quilted vintage fabric.  It was packed in a bag with those scraps for $3.03.  Squee!  I would love to make a twin size bed spread out of it but I don't think I have enough fabric or it may end up in the shop... What do you think?   Make sure you click on the picture so you can see the print better! 

Lily Looking at Daddy after climing up the play thingie

When went on our walk we stopped a one of the little parks on the river trail.  Lily climbed up the steps and was so proud of herself.
Downtown Lansing MI
We also walked to downtown.  Here is a random picture I took as I waited for Joe outside some juice place.  There are lots of cute bars and restaurants down there now, but really no cute shops.  Then again it's empties out after all the city workers leave for the day.  We've lived here for almost 8 years and I have to say there is much more going on down there then when we moved in.  They are trying to make downtown somewhere where people want to hang out, but I think there is so much more going on in Old Town so people come over here and hang out.  (not that it's far)  If you want to see more of the pictures I took just click on one and it will take you to flickr and you can see them all :)

No comments: