Thursday, June 24, 2010

Little Orange Kitty Update and My Very First Quilt Squares

We dropped LOK off this morning to get fixed. Everyone thought he was super cute. His eye looks perfect but I did find a lump on his neck last night that wasn't there the day before when I was snuggling him. I'm sure it's just an abscess that will need to get drained. I'm sure he got in to some sort of fight when he was outside. It might of been the same time that whatever happened to his eye happened.

Update: LOK is home, but he peed himself before I got there and he freaked out so bad that they couldn't clean him and I can't give him a bath for 10 days. Poor little guy! Good news he used the litter box first thing after he got out of the carrier.

Here are my quilt squares for Week 1 of the Simple Sampler Quilt-along hosted by Amy's Creative Side

Week 1
The 4 patch is a tiny bit bigger then the 16 patch.  I hope that's ok :)  I really like how they turned out.  I can't wait till next week!
Week 1
4 patch
Week 1
16 patch

12 comments:

Amy - Park City Girl said...

Your fabrics are so cute! The blocks look great :) I need to get busy for next week to happen!

Melissa said...

Those vintage prints are great! I am pretty excited for next week as well.

Sue said...

Your blocks are so pretty!

Amy Sp said...

What a pretty vintage look! I love the bright, springy-ness of them. :)

Brittany said...

I love the vintage prints! You can always trim the blocks to equal sizes. They will sew together better if they are all the same size.

Lindsay said...

love the greens in your second block!! Great job!

Carol said...

Your blocks are really pretty.

krisvog said...

Your blocks are just lovely.

creativedawn said...

Whoohoo! Spectacular floral fabs! Love it!

hugz, Pam

Pam said...

Very cute blocks!!

theodora said...

nice prints!! love em, it isn't to late enybody can still join the block are simple for it is the begining. good luck

theodora said...

hope the lok is doing fine now, oh and nice blocks, the clors are so pretty, the background of the photos you took is nice it complements the blocks.