Monday, May 24, 2010

Test Sewing: Pretty Knit Halter Top

I got the OK to show you my test sewing.  I love to test patterns.  For those of you that have been around for awhile you know that I've done my fair share of test knitting.  This is my first test sewing pattern and I really enjoyed it.

Test Sewing

Test Sewing

This is Pretty Knit Halter Top by Tie Dye Diva and Monkeys Bug.  I used the size 2 pattern (it goes up to 10)  It turned out a little big for Lily, but I really think that had to do more with the fabric choice then the pattern.  I used a ribbed jersey.  Being my 3rdish time sewing with jersey it was a bad choice.  Even with my walking foot the fabric keep getting getting all bunched up under the foot, not fun.  The pattern it's self was very easy to follow with lots of pictures and advice on how to sew jersey.  I really like that info, being that this is something I'm new at.  I've cut another one in the same size but this time I'm refashioning a old tank of mine.  I've already added ruffles and lace to the front.  :)  The plain jersey of the tank is much easier to sew.  I'll be making one of these for my oldest also.  Overall I liked the pattern and if I hadn't the chance to test it I would have bought it.  I really like how they include a large range of sizes in the patterns, it's perfect for both my girls.  I would love to see more patterns for knit! 

1 comment:

Carmen Rigby said...

They're adorable! The babies AND the shirts! I wish I had little girls to sew for. :( My little girl will be 15 this summer.