Friday, May 28, 2010

A sick 6yo

Oh man it sucks to have a cold when it's nice out.  Poor little Gooey has a cold.  It was super bad yesterday, we didn't do anything.  She's feeling much better today and we were able to go for our walk!  Here are the roses at the Dodge Turner House today.

River trail walk 5/28/2010
The sides are pretty much all in bloom but the top hasn't even started yet.
River trail walk 5/28/2010

These are the only 2 pics I got on the walk today.  Joe come with us and he had to get to work so we didn't have time to dilly dally.

I've received a couple more prize I won from the Sew Mamma Sew Giveaway....I don't have any pictures but I will tell you about them.  I won the cutest crayon apron from Karamat. There is a picture of it on her blog  It's in the cutest birdy fabric (I so need some of that).  She has an etsy shop here full of fabric, check it out!

I also won a beautiful pillow cover from Freckled Whimsy.  She has a super cool blog with stunning pictures of her work!  It makes me want to quilt even more!

Here is that other halter top. 

Test sewing, refashion, and tea dyeing
This time I used an old bra tank.  I used the hem of the tank so I wouldn't have to sew it, I also added some ruffles and lace (Looking at it I wish I would have made them longer).  After I cut the fabric and sewed on the ruffles I noticed that the fabric was kind dingy so I tea dyed it.  I thought about dyeing it another color but I didn't feel like digging out my dyes.  I love how the lace dyed, the fabric is a little blotchy and up close the shirt just looks dirty...but I still kinda like it...maybe not for Lily...She need color!  The only other chance I made is that I used less elastic in the back.  The pattern calls for 10in and I used 7.5in.  You will be able to find the pattern here very soon!
Test sewing, refashion, and tea dyeing


If I don't blog this weekend I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend!

2 comments:

sherri s. said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog, Foziewisp, a few weeks ago as part of the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day. While I'm sorry you didn't win, I'm glad you stopped by! Please visit again...

Gorgeous top on a gorgeous baby! And I hope your week gets better...that post for June 1 sounds yucky!

merlinthecat said...

Thanks Sherri :)