Friday, April 09, 2010

And The Decision Has Been Made

I'm going to try very hard to blog more. I know I've said that before...this time I really mean it!

As some of you guys have seen I've been sewing way more then I have been knitting the last year or so. I blame this, not that it"s a bad thing, on an old friend . After seeing some of the super cute things she made for her little girl I just had to dust off my sewing machine and start sewing again! Through her I found a super cool website Wardrobe Refashion. I joined and really enjoyed posting and reading about other's crafty fun and I got tons of new ideas. Well, we learned last week that the site was going to change completely and turn in to a pay site, kinda like Knitty, but not free and no site can ever be as cool as Knitty! (I'm kinda bias, I've been a member over there forever.) Anyway, I didn't really think much of it till I saw the fee. Let's just say I could knit 5 pairs of socks using Socks that Rock and still have money left over....(always back to the sock knitting for me....guess it's in my blood) Sparkly Sock Vampire..... Needless to say, I'm sad that the site is changing and that I will no long get to join in the fun. That said, that old friend has started a new website The Thrifty Garde Robe. to fill the void that Wardrobe Refashion will be leaving, and I get to help, that really fills a void that I haven't been able to fill ever since the Momma Monkey thing happened. I'm happy to be able to be apart of this new venture and you should come and check it out. It's not just for refashions, so my knitting and crocheting friends come join and post your goodies!

Now on to some of the things I've been working on, I have a ton....but you'll only see 3 outfits I made the Lily Pie and a Refashion for Gooey.


Lily's new outfit
Gnome Pants : New look/Simplicity 6502
Top: Spring Garden Tee by Alana Dakos
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece
Fabric: Garden Gnomes in Green by Michael Miller

Lily's lemon outfit
Top: Cotton Candy Cap Sleeve By Midnight Knitter
Yarn: Rowen All Seasons Cotton
Pants: I just used a pair of old pants and made a pattern
Fabric: Juicy by Alexander Henry

Lily in her new outfit
Top: Cotton Candy Cap Sleeve by Midnight Knitter
Yarn:Araucania Patagonia Nature Cotton
Pants: Pleat Bottom Pants by Heidi and Finn
Fabric: Dena Designs - Leanika Collection, Rose in Pink

Skirt refashion for Gooey
This was a skirt that I had laying around that still had the tags on it. I got it for like nothing when the Rave store I mgt closed. Its made of a super thin gauze like cotton with sequins. I took out the zipper and the drawstring and added elastic to the top and then used the drawstring as a tie. I wanted to add another band of elastic about 4 in below the first, but I just couldn't get it right...She loves it.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Cute clothes!

If I may suggest, why don't you try blogging every day for a month and maybe that will get you back in the habit. Doesn't have to be a tome, can just be Hello, I'm still here, or even a single photo.
Here's a link to NaBloPoMo http://www.nablopomo.com which might be of use.

Eema-le said...

Love your refashions. Yay for the new site!

mamaTAVE said...

Found you through Wardrobe Refashin. My daughter would love twirling in that last dress... beautiful!