Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Birch

Well I've been knitting a lot more! I finished Birch last week. I was so happy when I saw that the pattern was no free. I've been wanted to knit this shawl forever! I used about 2.5 skeins of Alchemy Haiku in Koi Pond. I love love love this yarn and was super lucking to get it on sale a few years ago, I even still have 2.5 skeins left.

Birch
Birch
Birch
Sorry about the crappy pictures, I took them at like 12am right after I finished blocking it. Birch was a fast and easy knit, I think it only took me 10 days...

Right now I knitting Gail using Knit Picks Imagination. I down to the last 6 row and I think I'm going to run out of yarn.... I'll get pictures up when I'm finished.

I've been working on lots of jewelry for the shop and plan on carding more batts soon. My carder needs to be taken apart and cleaned. I keep trying to get Joe to do it, but he's doesn't seem to be game.

Here are a couple of the necklaces I finished in the last week or so.

022
006
001

I've also reopened my other etsy shop to kinda clear out the other one of the supplies and vintage goodies.

Well I think that all I've got for now

5 comments:

janey said...

Hi I found my way here from Wardrobe Refashion. I love Birch and thanks for your link, I spent yesterday sorting my stash and discovered more yarn than anyone who belongs to WR should have!! Including some lace weight which would be perfect for this! Have you found Etsy a good way to sell your jewellery, I'm planning on opening a shop there so would be glad of your comments. I'm not going to sell jewellery although I do make some for myself.
Love Janey xx

merlinthecat said...

Janey,

I feel you on have way to much yarn! I love etsy, I've had pretty good luck with everything I've tried to sell, right now I've very in to do the jewelry..but plan on going back to the yarn and fiber someday :) I try to list or renew everyday or every other day, and I twitter and facebook all my listing and post pictures on flickr. I should blog more, but I do try to get featured anywhere I can. Sometimes it can be really slow and it's hard not to get discouraged. Good luck with your new shop!!

Batty said...

Birch is very pretty! I love the bright, cheerful color.

I think Gail would look beautiful with a contrasting "border" on the last couple rows. Black is always good.

Leslie said...

Funny, I am knitting Birch too, but they sure don't look anything alike. When done and blocked will be on my blog, sometime this year, that is. Are you doing the 10 Shawls in 2010 challenge over to Ravelry?

merlinthecat said...

Leslie,

I'm going to try to do the 10 shawls, :) I started my Birch before the 1st of the year so she doesn't count. I'll come by you blog and check out your birch!