Sunday, November 01, 2009

Gnomey Lily!

Gnomey Lily

I finished Lily's costume yesterday. She didn't go out trick or treating, so pretty much it was just for this picture...well she'll still wear everything. The hat and socks were knit out of Yarn
Knit Picks Ambrosia Petal from my stash. It is 80% baby alpaca and 20% cashmere, I got it on sale when right before the discontinued it. The hat pattern you can find here, Ravelry page here. The socks I just made up as I went and made them with a super pointy toe. The apron was made out of vintage sheets and a doily. I used this pattern by leila and ben. I LOVE their patterns! The apron is a bit big on her, but that's ok. It will last her a long time!

Trinity's bird costume was a huge hit. Joe said everyone loved it and gave her extra candy. She did come home with a ton!


I finished one of Lily's birthday gifts.
Lily's birthday gnomes
Gnomes!!! I love gnomes. They are knit and then felted using some scraps from the stash. I used this pattern from Crafty Alien. I love they way they came out! I also plan on sewing her a rag doll from one of the patterns in this shop. I'm not sure what one yet, and I'm waiting on some $$ for a couple custom things I made. Her birthday is on Thr so I have a little time. Speaking of her birthday, we went to Target yesterday. Lily need a pair of shoes and I wanted to pick up a few things for her birthday. I ended up finding her a super cute winter coat and an outfit and some toy I know she will love. But I feel dirty, like I want to take it back, not because of money or anything like that, I just think handmade stuff is so much better. I wish I would have just put all them money I was saving for her birthday gifts in the bank and bought something nice off of etsy. If I had more time, that is what I would do. Oh well there is always Christmas.

Stay tuned tomorrow I will be hosting another give-away to kick off the holiday shopping season. And those of you who have been following me for awile, Lily has her 1 year hip check tomorrow morning.

No comments: