Wednesday, February 25, 2009

WIPs and a Book Review, 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet

009 I cast on for this scarf last night. It is the Lace Scarf from Vogue Knitting. I'm using Bollicine Revolution that I found at Webs for super cheap. I really really really love this yarn and if I had the $$ I'd stash a bunch. When I saw this pattern I knew I had to make it! I'm using 2 strands at once on size 17 needles, I don't have 19s. It's turning out really nice. I really liked this issue of Vogue, it had a ton of cute patterns!
008I finished the cuff on Dh's new socks. I'm getting the hang of the 2 socks on the 2 Cirs.
007 I'm still plugging away at the Jaywalkers and am still in love with this yarn!
001This is a scarf I made for the shop, I used some Tahki Veletta that I got for knitting a pair of socks for someone a couple of years ago. The red is the last of my bulky Misti Alpaca I used for a scarf a few years ago.

I have a book review for you! I was able to get my hands on 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet by Lesley Stanfield. OMG this book is wonderful. The photographs are beautiful the instructions are clear and concise. There is 40 knitted patterns and 60 crocheted. The pattern ideas in the back are super cute! Along with the flower patterns there are fruits and veggies and even a couple of bugs. I really like that there is several different leaf patterns to go with the flower. I think that if you plan on doing any embellishing you need this book!

Well I think that's all I've got today. Oh wait, I have some base yarn and plan to start dyeing again soon. The base is different then my old one. I really like it so far. I think you'll get longer life out of you socks with this one, and it's still soft. Let's hope it take dye well!

No comments: