Monday, February 16, 2009

A Post With Words...maybe

002Yay! Finished Socks!! Here are my finished Spring Flings from Knitty. I used CTH in Spring Frost. I really liked the pattern. It was fun to knit and the lace was super easy. The heels and toes were a little wierd, you had to move sts around and stuff. Other then that I really liked this pattern.

003 This is my 2nd pair of Jaywalkers. I made a pair for my sister a few years ago. I'm using Yarning Yenta Sock in Kermit Loves Piggy. I really love this yarn. I had knit another sock with it over a year ago and didn't like it with this yarn so I frogged it and set it aside. I think this yarn is perfect for the Jaywalkers! I love the colors, and after the Spring Forward socks I just felt I need some brightness. This picture was taken over the weekend, I'm just about to start the heel.
004 Well I thought it was about time to learn some thing new. I always have a pair of man socks on the needles...and they get soooo boring. I picked up the book and some cirs for socks hoping this would make knitting man socks more fun and much faster. So far I like it, I do keep getting my yarn balls all twisted up. I'm using the pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. The yarn is Elann Sock It to Me 4 Ply. The yarn is super soft and fuzzy. I really like it so far. I do feel like I'd have more done if I'd used DPN, but then I remember that I'm doing both of them at the same time...
086 Dh took Gooey to see The "World Famous" Lipizzaner Stallions
058
They had tons of fun. The pictures are super crappy. DH took his "work" camera because it's smaller then the Mavica. Well it's new and he doesn't know how to use it very well yet. But you get the idea, right?
097
007 Gooey got her first real hair cut yesterday. Her hair was so long and thick. I was having a hard time keeping up with it and she couldn't do it yet. So off it went. I like it. She seems too also. I think now she looks like a 5yo. With the longer hair she looked much older.

I'm still working on the shawl. Clue 5 came out on Friday and I almost had it done yesterday..but I jacked it up pretty bad. I looked at it and looked at it and just couldn't live with my mistake so I ripped it back to just where I wanted it and started over. In most cases I'm not very good at ripping back and I had no life line. What I did is picked a spot and ran another needle and ripped down to that. Really I couldn't believe it worked and I didn't have to frog the whole damn thing. I'll get a pic up when I finish the clue. I also started and frogged and want to start again a little spring/summer dress for Spawn. I'll post more about that when I restart it.

Oh OH OH my office is soooo almost clean. I just have to put my knitting books away and move a few things around. My wheel is up there waiting for me to play with it! I have my drum carder set up and ready with a basket of fiber ready to be carded in to fluffy goodness! There is a spot up there for Spawn to play!!! WOOO HOOO! I'm hopeing to get up there today to finish it up. I've been kinda itching to spin and my poor wheel needs to be dusted and oiled before she ups and runs away to live with someone else who loves her more.

Well that pretty much all I have. The girls are doing great. Lily is still Lily but getting better every week. Oh as you can see I turned off the comments. I was getting nasty ones from a few people who have no life and think I owe them an explanation. Here's what I have to say about this. I don't know you, I don't care what you think. I have much more important things to worry about like, say real life. The people who I know and matter know I was as blindsided with this as everyone else if not more so. Get a life and fuck off.

No comments: