Wednesday, September 03, 2008

It's September already?

ahhh where did the summer go?

OH check this out...
Gooey's sweater
I've been knitting... this it the Daisy Cardigan I used Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK that I had in my stash...I think I got it at Webs last year on sale. Hell every 5yo needs a handwash only silk and alpaca sweater...right. btw it's really cute on...not like she'd keep in it on long enough this weekend for me to get a picture.

I also got around to washing the last of the Baby Doll fleeces from last year...I really didn't want them to go on cleaned for another 8mo...this was the only wool I washed this year...I missed it! I LOVE the smell of raw wool!!!!

I'm working on another sweater for Gooey, Polkadot. I'm using some kettle dyed wool I frogged from a thrift store sweater...Hopeful it works out. For some reason I feel the need to knit for Gooey and not Spawn. I guess Spawn will grow out of everything so quick, and well Gooey really gets a kick out of picking out yarn and patterns for herself. I've also been working on a dish cloth for the monthly kal...you get like 8 lines a day and by the end of the week you get a finished dish cloth. Pretty cool. I also REALLY need to swatch for MS4...I want to keep out this year, or at least try! I've really enjoyed knitting from my stash...but I do need to do something with all that sock yarn I have....I need to start knitting socks again.

Oh this week would of been Gooey's first week of school. Well, after going back and forth for a month we are going to homeschool. It was a really hard choice, but I'm sure we made the right one for her. At least for this year.

Well thats all I've got for now....later

No comments: