Monday, November 05, 2007

Damn Damn Damn...

Fuck.

I didn't get everything I wanted to get finished this weekend...

Damn Damn Damn Damn...

My goals were:

Get the last 3 of 9 thingies made...Only finished 2.3 of them. Fuck

Finish the pair of green Fetchings .... Knitted one on Friday...didn't touch them again all weekend. Damn it all to hell.

Wash and tag the orange sock yarn from the last post. Done, even got them out in the mail a day early cause I have a super cool mail man. Ok one good thing.

Ok so tomorrow...finish finish finish... Plus do all my happy house wife stuff...man what a drag...now that I've kept the house clean, I can't stand it if dishes sit..and I have to vacuum all the time...No wonder it took me so long to get my ass in to gear. I miss my days of having tons of time to knit and spin....but I don't miss the mess. Oh well the joys of living in a house that was built in the 1880...work work work...

We spent most of the weekend working on winterizing the place...We have to put plastic on all the window...I know ugly...but the windows are original, some still have the wavy glass...I don't even want to think about how much it would cost to replace them..most of the windows are pretty close to floor to ceiling and 5 of them are HUGE HUGE HUGE!!!! But I must say playing with caulk is fun fun fun.

We also punched a hole in a wall in the dining room....we have an old chimney in there and I was thinking it would be cool to expose it...being that it's covered with that nasty textured crap....well I thought the chimney went in the kitchen...nope...someone took a stove or something out of the dining room and rigged some crap to hold the chimney up...needless to say I was a little disappointed...and messy after I had to help re plaster the thing.. Oh the stove would have been in the dumbest possible place in that room...and why the hell you would you need it when you have a huge fire place in the next room...oh well we have to paint and patch in there anyway.

Were doing x-mas eve with my husbands crazy ass family. They drive me fucking nuts...(well not my SIL Jenna!) The only reason I'm doing it is so I can spend the day with my husband and daughter...he would insist on taking her to my MIL's (crazy bitch...yes I harbor some hard core anger...but that's another story)..and well I will NOT...over my dead body...go over there! So this is what I have to do, so I'm doing it. My sister will be there so at least that will help!

We have tons of stuff I'd like to do to get the house ready....and I know I won't be able to get it all done in time....Oh let talk about what I feel I NEED to get done. I feel the need to give these people gifts...I'm not spending money on them so then I must knit for them....(Jenna you guys don't count in any part my mad ranting...but you know that) Anyway I will spend the next 2 months busting my ass and wasting my stash on people I can't stand and who will not appreciate or use anything I make them. You say "then why do it?" Because I can't just give gifts to some people and not to others...Right?


Wow I'm extra bitchy tonight.

Some good did come out of the weekend.

The shop was pretty busy. It always makes me feel really good when people choose my yarn or fibers. There are so many wonderful and talented fiber artist out there. Nothing makes me feel better then great feedback on an item I worked so hard to create. Yea! People like my yarn :)


Sorry for the colorful mmm language....it was just one of those weekends.

Off to bed. Night!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hey,
im right there with you.. dont worry about the language, thats exactly how i feel about my inlaws and christmas... I have now decided, sod it its my house, you dont like it dont come!!as for presents hubby wants his family to get presents he gets them!!have never bought gifts for his family, he gets them and they are from us all!!