Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Busy...

Wow I've been busy! No pictures sorry. I've been working on getting the house cleaned...let's just say I'm not the best house wife around, but we just shampooed the carpets and I'm going to try to keep up on the house work...man it's so cutting in to my knitting time! Let's see....I've finished 1 test sock and am working on the leg of the 2nd..Goal to be finished up by the weekend and have them ready to go on the 15th... Very doable :) Other them that I haven't worked on anything else. I'm still dying to make a shawl for myself....I'm thinking the one on the cover of the new Knitty....

I made a few things for Kath for her b-day next month, I have one more knitted thing to do and then something else I must whip up and I'll be done :) Oh Kath if your reading this, I have the COOLEST idea for your x-mas gift! You will love me forever if I can nail it! This gift has something to do with a new hobby I've started working on...it's not really easy, there's some painting that has to be done and well I need to work on that :) If I can master this craft you'll be seeing alot of it around here, and it has nothing to do with yarn or fiber...well you could use some fiber....you'll see!

I have been spinning a lot lately, I finished up some roving from flawful fibers, some mystery wool Momma Monkey sent me a wile ago, my sister This and That Yarn, and the Merino/Tencel blend. I've just started some orange sock yarn for Momma Monkey that I'd like to get done very soon, I have some projects I'd like to spin for, but I don't get anything done if I spin more then one batch at a time. That and I have some X-mas knitting and crocheting to do :) Anyway I'll get pictures of the yarn after they've been washed....this weekend maybe.

As for the shop I will be carding up some more This and That Batts this week, and if I can find the glow in the dark stuff in my sea of fiber you will see some Glow In The Dark This and That Batts! I have 6lbs of sock yarn sitting on cones right now that I will get spit up and dyed very soon, I just really want to get those socks done first...I keep finding other stuff to do...like doing the dishes...I know weird. But fuck dude trying to keep a clean house is not easy with 5 cats, 2 dogs, a Gooey, and a DH that works a ton!

Oh SP...Are you out there? Hope all is well, I have'nt heard from you in awile...

No comments: