Saturday, August 19, 2006

OHOHOH

I am now the proud owner of 8lbs of raw white merino wool. It's so soft and fuzzy. I'm a little scared to wash it...but I'm going to give it a go, I just can't play with it at all wile it is wet. I wash a hand full today in the bathroom sink and it turned out ok, I just think I really like longwool breeds better to spin from the lock. I did card it after it was dry, I really really need fine cotton carders bad!!! I spun both from the washed ball of fluff and form the bid I carded. The carding worked out much better, I just hate the extra step... What I really need to do is send some of my wool to get carded for me....anyway I will take pictures of the fleece after it is washed, or atleast some of it, I'm sure it will take me a few days to get it all done. Oh and I should really stop buying fleece, I've been spinning for only a couple months and I have more fleece then I'll ever be able to spin, We should flash our fiber! Ok let me think I have, the merino, 2 white shetland, 1 dark brown shetland, 2 different gray shetland, lt brown shetland, 2 black shetland, my boyfriend the coop, 1 white, 1 gray,1 black alpaca, 5 different llama, 2 dorset cross and another one I cant remember the name of the sheep, oh and I have 1/2 lb of kid mohair. Now this is just the raw stuff...Now next spring I should have 2 white shetlands and 2 baby doll fleeces... I really need to stop,

No comments: