Tuesday, August 29, 2006

MS2 and a sheepy all made out of handspun shetland

Sheepy made from the same yarn as MS2 well and some black shetland I spun up real quick:)
Wow, you should have saw the thing before I blocked it, looked like hell!! I love it know, to bad it's a gift. Yarn used: handspun (by Me) Shetland with just a bit of alpaca, both from raw fleece. Weight ahhh about sock. Needles size us 3. Size HUGE that's why I skipped the edging.
I love the natural look of it, there were 2 different fleeces, one with a little brown and one with a little black. This is a gift for the lady who owns the sheep that this was made of. Oh and the sheepy is for her too, I hope she likes them! Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

zibibbo said...

OH my goodness! Gorgeous wrap! What beautiful spinwork. The sheep is adorable!

Sner said...

great job - I wish I could spin that well. I guess it all comes with practice, speaking of which, is it quitting time yet? I hear my spindle calling to me!

Elizabeth said...

How could she NOT like them? Wow. Great work. Great spinning, great knitting.

Kristy said...

Gah!!! That's the cutest little sheepy ever!! :D And the wrap -- soooo lovely!!

fibersnob said...

Wow, the wrap is incredible! The sheep looks cuddly too.

Ceallach said...

Fantabulous! Good work!

Melanie said...

Beautiful! Glad you enjoyed it. I love the little sheep too.

Sue, aka seiding said...

I am (almost) speechless. So beautiful! Such a nice pattern, and the sheep is so cute! Spectacular!