Saturday, June 17, 2006

Hey

First I must say, Steph please send me my money, I really don't want to deal with this anymore, but I will.
On the knitting front, I'm almost done with the Icarus Shawl from the summer IK for my sisters B-day, I'm also almost out of yarn, I had to ordered roving to finish it, I hope it get here soon. I also joined the Mystery Stole 2 that starts July 9th. I started spinning some lace wt shetland and i'm think it would be a nice gift for the lady who sold me the white shetland fleeces, she has always wanted to get a blanket made out of her sheepys...so I thought this would be nice....That and I want the fleeces every year!
I won my black shetland on ebay and it should be here any day now :) I also picked up 3 Llama fleeces. Right now I'm bidding on a gray shetland and some alpaca in white. I'm having fun with my Dorset cross wool, and I have some Polypay on the way. I dyed the Dorset before carding it and love the way it turned out, there is a lot of VM on the fleece, so it best if I spin it in Lace wt so it all falls out. I seem to spin much better from carded wool then roving, i tryed roving again yesterday and couldn't do it...wierd cause I could a week ago... I'll post some pictures soon, oh and I stared selling some stuff on ebay, i'm having really good luck with some Cotton ease, I think I'll have a bidding war at the end! (More sheepy for meeeeeee) I'm thinking once I get a better hang of spinning selling some of my lace wt shetland....you really don't see much of that anywhere....I just have to beable to let it go!!

No comments: